Metal roofing is gaining popularity in the construction industry due to its durability, sustainability, and ease of maintenance. In Phoenix, AZ, metal roofing is an ideal choice for businesses seeking long-lasting roofing solutions that can withstand the harsh desert climate. However, one of the primary concerns for many business owners is getting accurate commercial metal roofing prices this 2023.
We have gathered all the important information for the average costs and the factors affecting the possible expenses of having a commercial metal roof. Let’s get started!
How Much Are the Average Commercial Metal Roofing Prices in Phoenix, AZ?
The cost of commercial metal roofing in Phoenix, AZ varies depending on multiple factors. According to Homeyou, the average cost ranges from $7 to $12 per square foot. This cost covers the installation of the metal roof, but it does not include additional materials, such as insulation, underlayment, and fasteners.
Factors Affecting Prices of Metal Roofs
Generally, metal roofing costs are higher compared to regular asphalt shingles.
Several factors determine the cost of commercial metal roofing in Phoenix, Arizona, including the following:
- Roof Size: The size of the roof system is a crucial factor in determining the cost of metal roofing. A larger roof will require more materials and labor, hence, costs higher.
- Roof Design: Complex roof designs may require more labor and materials, increasing the cost.
- Roofing Contractor: Hiring the right metal roofing contractor is crucial too. Different roofers have different rates, and the quality of their work may vary. A more experienced commercial roofing contractor may charge higher than usual rates.
- Type of Metal: Different metals have different costs, with some being more expensive than others. Let’s take a closer look at the prices of metal roofs according to the type of material:
|Exposed Fasteners or Corrugated Metal Roof||$7 to $12 per square foot|
|Metal Slate Roofing||$10 to $16 per square foot|
|Metal Shingles||$8 to $12 per square foot|
|Insulated Metal Panels||$8 to $15 per square foot|
|Aluminum Roof||$11 to $17 per square foot|
|Copper Roof||$23 to $35 per square foot|
|Zinc Roof||$15 to $25 per square foot|
|Galvanized Steel Roof||$9.50 to $15.50 per square foot|
Cost of Metal Roof per Project Type
The cost of installing a metal roof in Phoenix, AZ, ranges from $7 to $10 per square foot. However, this cost may increase if additional materials such as insulation, waterproofing, underlayment, and fasteners are required.
The commercial roof installation is also affected by the type of metal used. For instance, steel roofing is cheaper to install than copper roofing.
Now, let’s talk about the cost of repairing an existing roof. Repairing commercial roofs with metal sheets costs between $500 to $2,000 depending on the extent of the damage and the type of material.
[Related: 6 Metal Roof Maintenance Tips During Winter]
A commercial metal roof replacement costs between $650 to $1,300 per square foot. This varies depending on the type of metal used, the size of the roof, and the complexity of the system’s design.
Remember that replacing a metal roof is often more expensive than repairing it, but it is sometimes the smarter option when the existing roof is severely damaged.
What Type of Metal Roofing System is Best for Commercial Buildings?
Several types of metal roofing materials are suitable for commercial buildings, including:
- Exposed Fasteners or Corrugated Metal Roof: This consists of sheets of metal with raised, corrugated ridges that run vertically down the roof.
- Metal Slate Roofing: A type of metal roofing that mimics the appearance of natural slate tiles. Metal slate roofing is typically made of steel or aluminum, and is available in a range of colors and finishes.
- Metal Shingles: Metal shingles are typically made of steel or aluminum, and are available in a range of colors and styles. They are designed similarly to traditional shingles but are made of metals instead of asphalt or wood.
- Insulated Metal Panels: Consists of an insulated core sandwiched between two metal panels. These panels are designed to provide both structural support and insulation for a building’s roof.
- Standing Seam Metal Roof: A type of metal roofing that features interlocking panels with raised seams that run vertically along the roof.
How Do I Estimate the Cost of Metal Roofing Systems?
To estimate the cost of a metal roof, you will need to consider the following:
- Roof Size: Measure the size of your roof to determine the square footage.
- Type of Metal: Choose the type of metal that you want to use for your roof, and refer to its cost per square foot above.
- Roof Design: More complex designs usually require additional labor and materials.
- Additional Materials: Consider the cost of additional materials such as insulation, underlayment, and fasteners.
- Roofing Contractor: Obtain quotes from several roofing contractors to compare their rates and quality of work.
Once you have gathered this information, you can use a roofing calculator or consult a roofing professional to estimate the cost of your metal roof.
How Much Should I Budget for a Metal Roof?
A budget between $7 and $12 per square foot for installing a metal roof is recommended for business owners. Remember that while the upfront cost of a metal roof may be higher than traditional roofing materials, the long-term savings in maintenance and energy costs make it a worthwhile investment.
Additionally, metal roofs can last up to 40-70 years, making them a durable and sustainable roofing solution for commercial buildings.
Get a Free Estimate for your Commercial Metal Roof!
When estimating the cost of a metal roof, consider all of the factors mentioned above. With proper installation and maintenance, a metal roof can provide long-lasting protection for commercial buildings and save business owners money in the long run.
Easy Roof Solutions is one of the most trusted commercial roofing contractors in Phoenix, Arizona. We have over 35 years of experience in roof installation, roof replacement, and more!
Founder of Easy Roof Solutions, LLC. He started in the construction industry at the age of 14 and has been involved in it for over 25 years. His wide experience in commercial roofing speaks for itself.
Outside his roofing work, Ken enjoys being in the great outdoors, traveling to new places, and bonding with his wife and children.